Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Happy New Year!



It's 2016! WHOA!
When people(usually older) use to tell me that 'once you get out of high school, time flies...' they aren't kidding. I remember being younger and couldn't wait until I could drive, then it was I couldn't wait until I graduated, then it was 21(which I never officially got to celebrate because I was pregnant.) I'm 31 now. THIRTY ONE! with TWO kids. I never wanted kids..until I was pregnant, and I didn't want anything more. Anyways, I'm getting off track.

My new years was very uneventful. The hubs wasn't feeling the greatest, and we ended up hanging out in bed most of the day. I think he fell asleep two minutes after the ball dropped. I read. Good times.

SO January is almost over..it's been a month full of reading, sickness, and Jonas!

My very first read for this year was The 5th Wave! My hubs got me it for Christmas because I said the movie looked pretty good, but I'm sure the book is better. The book is ALWAYS better. Good to know he listens when he wants to!


I was actually really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I love Paranormal/Sci-Fi reads, I have a whole bookshelf dedicated to just that. In order for me to really enjoy a read, there has to be some kind of romance involved. There was a little, but the overall story had me captivated, and wanting to know what was going to happen next. I read it within a day, went out with my Christmas money I received from my grandma and bought The Infinite Sea. Now that book is another story, it was good but left me a little angry at the end..and now I have to wait until May for the last book(also not happy).

Winter is always a big reading time for me..so far according to my goodreads challenge..I'm on a roll! I've read 13 books! Here's some I really enjoyed, in case you're wondering!
Big Rock by Lauren Blakely. Cute, fun, light read.
The Stocking was Hung by Tara Sivec. So it was a Christmas read, that I never got around to reading. Hilariously funny, super sweet, cute read. 
Forbidden by CD Reiss. I've read previous Reiss books and enjoyed them. This one was more erotica, something I normally don't read. But it was well written, and I actually enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but it's worth mentioning.
Ninja at First Sight by Penny Reid. This book made me swoon. Penny has become one of my favorites. I've read maybe 5 of her books and really enjoyed every one. They're sweet, funny, smart, and well written!

So then a sickness fell over the house, first the hubs..which always seems to get a very mild sort of cold. It's almost unfair. Then my son, who is still has a runny nose..and then me, which I ended up missing two days of work. Five days later, and I'm finally feeling 99% better.


I woke up Saturday morning to this;



For over a week, it was all speculation. It went from 3-5 inches, then 12-24, then it may not even hit us. They knew this storm was a big one, but they didn't know if it was going to impact us at all. People like to poke fun at the weathermen because mother nature is unpredictable. I think last year we were suppose to get a big storm and didn't. I don't think anyone actually thought we were going to get as much as we did, but man were we surprised! Storm Jonas break records and made some history. The blizzard of 2016. Apparently, the last huge storm Pennsylvania got(as big as this) was in 1998.



We got like 32 inches! Like I said, insane! I made my husband go stand in an unplowed driveway(last picture). I'm thankful it hit us on a weekend, I'm sure work would be close but the urgency to dig ourselves out wasn't as prominent. Three days later, they're still clearing out snow in the neighborhood and some areas have yet to be plowed!



We're suppose to get some more tomorrow which is pretty crappy considering we're still cleaning up the mess from Jonas. Just two weeks ago, it was too warm to snow. I miss that. I am not cut out for the cold. I think 30+ inches is enough for winter, right!? Come on Spring!

Well, that is all...Until next time friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment