Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

For me anyways....it's officially fall. The weather is cooling off, the leaves are turning, and it's beginning to get dark a bit earlier. I love it, minus the getting darker earlier, I could go without that feat. But my windows are open allowing the cool breeze to flow through my house, my autumn decorations are up, and even my Scentsy warmer is filling the rooms with autumn scents.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and not only does October hold my favorite holiday, but also my birthday! This year is the big 3-0 for me. I cannot believe I will be 30. THIRTY! It seems old, but yet I still feel young except for those days when my body aches and cracks in places I wouldn't even imagine would crack. No official plans for my birthday, none that I know of anyways......

The husband, our youngest, and myself went on a hike. It was a beautiful day and we decided to make the best of it. We woke up early, but that's really nothing knew, and went to a flea market. Then after unpacking our goodies decided to go to the Knob. It's been years since I've hiked anywhere, and after this I plan to make it a regular thing.






The view is amazing, and quite awe-inspiring, isn't it? I'd like to go back to capture the full effect of fall in the North East.


It was fun, and our son enjoyed it as much as we did. It wasn't until he fell and his head was five inches from hitting a rock that I called it a day. We headed back to the car and continued on with our day.


I haven't been successful in finding a book since I finished Opposition, the series I raved about in my last post. I hate when this happens, I'm in a rut and it's annoying as hell.

1 comment: